Innovation. Quality. Heavy Duty.
From the introduction of the Hole-Shooter in 1924 − the first lightweight, portable, one-handed 1/4" capacity drill − Milwaukee Electric Tool established a tradition of producing innovative heavy-duty electric power tools designed specifically to meet the ever-changing needs of the professional user.
The right-angle drill, self-contained portable electric hacksaw, the Sawzall® Reciprocating Saw, the Hole-Hawg® High-Torque Drill and the Super Sawzall® Reciprocating Saw are just some of the other landmark products Milwaukee has produced throughout its 85-year history. Today, Milwaukee produces more than 500 tools and 3,500 accessories which exceed that of any other power tool manufacturer. We like to think that using a Milwaukee power tool is the next best thing to a job that builds itself.
The combination of incorporating innovative ideas and design with unparalleled reliability makes Milwaukee unique in the power tool market. Plain and simple Milwaukee products are the best you can buy.
Milwaukee Electric Tool Firsts
- 1924 -“Hole-Shooter” , the first lightweight portable, one-handed 1/4" capacity drill
- 1949 - The first right-angle drill
- 1949 – Introduced spring clutch technology for sanders and grinders that prevented backlash resulting in smoother running tools
- 1951 - The Sawzall® Reciprocating Saw, the first self-contained portable electric hacksaw
- 1970 – Milwaukee introduces the Hole-Hawg® High-Torque Drill
- 1979 – Manufactured first U.S.-made 4 1/2” annular grinder
- 1991 - The Super Sawzall® Reciprocating Saw, the most powerful reciprocating saw in the industry that incorporated counter-balance technology for nearly vibration-free operation
- 1994 - Milwaukee becomes the first domestic power tool manufacturer with ISO 9000 certification at all of its facilities
- 1999 - Milwaukee introduces revolutionary 7 1/4” Tilt-Lok® Circular Saw making all other circular saws on the market obsolete
- 2005 - Milwaukee is first power tool manufacturer to use lithium-ion battery technology which was introduced in its V28 line of cordless tools
- 2008 - Milwaukee introduces M12 and M18 line of power tools, the most comprehensive lithium-ion platform system on the market
- 2008 – First to introduce Ice Hardened® strengthening technology for accessories, a cryogenic hardening process that improves on traditional heat-treated processes