The M18 FUEL™ SWITCH PACK™ Drain Cleaning System Combines the Benefits of Sectional and Drum Machines
MILWAUKEE, WI – Milwaukee Tool announces the next big breakthrough for drain cleaning professionals. The M18 FUEL™ SWITCH PACK™ Sectional Drum System is the first drain cleaning solution that combines the benefits of sectional and drum machines to create the single most versatile and mobile machine on the market. This new-to-world solution is easily transportable via an integrated backpack design, allows users to interchange and connect drums, and provides maximum power to clear 100’ down the line.
“The most frequent challenges of any drain cleaning application are simply getting the machine to the job and containing the mess, and no machine today is capable of tackling both those challenges. Drum machines improve mess containment by housing the cable in a drum, and sectional machines provide a lighter weight alternative by separating the cable from the machine, but neither option fully meets needs of the user.” said Jacqueline Beierle, Product Manager for Milwaukee Tool. “The M18 FUEL™* SWITCH PACK™ Sectional Drum System is the first solution that tackles those most fundamental frustrations. The tool’s modular design with backpack straps provides the easiest way to transport the machine, and the fully-enclosed drum is the best option for containing the mess. This is unparalleled productivity for drain cleaning professionals like never seen before!”
The modular design of the M18 FUEL™ SWITCH PACK™ utilizes backpack straps for the easiest transport to any roof, drain, crawl space, or cleanout. The tool-free drum connection allows users to quickly interchange between cable sizes, or add a second drum to reach a length of 100’. SWITCH PACK™ drums are fully enclosed to provide the best protection and containment of the mess.
“Drain Cleaning hasn’t experienced much change or utilization of newer technology, only incremental improvements to current products. This industry is about to see a massive upgrade in underlying technologies as Milwaukee® enters this category with the same passion for disruptive innovation that’s made us a leader within the power tool industry. Milwaukee’s entire lineup will cut the cord all together, bringing the last decade’s most disruptive technology to the drain cleaning market with lithium-ion batteries and brushless motors,” said Beierle. “By tying a brushless motor to the world’s most capable electronics package and most advanced lithium-ion batteries, the M18 FUEL™ SWITCH PACK™ Sectional Drum System not only improves the overall draining cleaning experience, but does so through the benefits of a cordless platform that is compatible with a wide assortment of tools maintenance professionals already use.”
The System combines three exclusive innovations - the POWERSTATE™ brushless motor, REDLITHIUM™ battery pack, and REDLINK PLUS™ intelligence. The POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor delivers up to 2X more clearing power than corded competitors for tough jobs through 4” drain lines.**
REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence improves control with an integrated drum brake, slowing the machine up to 5X faster than other drums on the market. A large, non-slip foot pedal ensures the user will maintain control even on wet surfaces, and it can be easily activated with a knee or foot.
The REDLITHIUM™ battery pack powers through multiple jobs on a single charge, delivering cordless power, mobility, and safety to the drain cleaning industry.
The new M18 FUEL™ SWITCH PACK™ Sectional Drain System is fully compatible with the entire M18™ line, now offering more than 150 power tool products.
Milwaukee Tool is committed to providing drain cleaning professionals with the most portable and versatile drain cleaning solutions. The company is dedicated to continuing investments in technology to build solutions from the ground-up that provide these users with an easier way to get on and off the job, with less mess, so they can service more calls. By the end of 2017, Milwaukee will offer the only completely portable drain cleaning lineup for drains within buildings, as well as a premium line of corrosion-resistant cables.
* M18 FUEL™ is engineered for the most demanding tradesmen in the world. Delivering unrivaled performance, all M18 FUEL™ products feature three Milwaukee®-exclusive innovations—The POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor, REDLITHIUM™ Battery Pack and REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence Hardware and Software—that deliver unmatched power, run-time and durability on the jobsite. Simply put, M18 FUEL™ tools are the most powerful 18V cordless tools in their class.
**Compatible with 5/16”, 3/8”, and 1/2” Inner Core Cables, and 5/8” Open Wind Cables
M18 FUEL™ SWITCH PACK™ Sectional Drum System (2775-211)
- Drain Line Capacity
- SWITCH PACK™ Drum Capacity
- Backpack Straps: Yes
- Removable Drum: Tool-Free
- Cable Spin Speed: 250 RPM
- Electronic Foot Pedal: Yes
- Integrated Drum Brake: Yes
- Length: 15.75”
Includes 2775-20 SWITCH PACK™ Powered Base, SWITCH PACK™ Drum w/ Anchor Cable, M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 Battery Pack and Charger (cable not included)
Additional Kit Options:
- 2775A-211 Includes: 2775-20 SWITCH PACK™ Powered Base, SWITCH PACK™ Drum w/ Anchor Cable, 5/16” x 75’ Inner Core Drop Head Cable w/ RUST GUARD™, M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 Battery Pack and Charger
- 2775B-211 Includes: 2775-20 SWITCH PACK™ Powered Base, SWITCH PACK™ Drum w/ Anchor Cable, 3/8” x 50’ Inner Core Coupling Cable w/ RUST GUARD™, (4) Cable Head Attachments (funnel, drop head, spade bit, c-cutter), Pin Key, M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 Battery Pack and Charger
- 2775C-222 Includes: 2775-20 SWITCH PACK™ Powered Base, (2) SWITCH PACK™ Drums w/ Anchor Cables, (2) 1/2” x 50’ Inner Core Coupling Cables w/ RUST GUARD™, (4) Cable Head Attachments (funnel, drop head, spade bit, c-cutter), Pin Key, M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 Battery Pack and Charger
- 2775D-222 Includes: 2775-20 SWITCH PACK™ Powered Base, (2) SWITCH PACK™ Drums w/ Anchor Cables, (2) 5/8” x 50’ Open Wind Coupling Cables w/ RUST GUARD™, (4) Cable Head Attachments (funnel, drop head, spade bit, c-cutter), Pin Key, M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 Battery Pack and Charger
Drum Only options is also available to easily add on to the SWITCH PACK™ System (47-53-2775)
- 48-53-2772 5/16” x 75’ Inner Core Drop Head Cable w/ RUST GUARD™
- 48-53-2773 3/8” x 50’ Inner Core Coupling Cable w/ RUST GUARD™
- 48-53-2774 ½” x 50’ Inner Core Coupling Cable w/ RUST GUARD™
- 48-53-2775 5/8” x 50’ Inner Core Coupling Cable w/ RUST GUARD™
Attachment Heads for Coupling Cables:
48-53-2681 SMALL BULB HEAD W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2682 SMALL DROP HEAD W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2683 1" SPADE BIT W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2684 1" C-CUTTER W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2685 5PC SMALL DRAIN LINE KIT W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2786 MEDIUM FUNNEL HEAD W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2787 MEDIUM DROP HEAD W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2788 1-1/2" SPADE BIT W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2789 1-1/2" C-CUTTER W/ RUSTGUARD
48-53-2790 5PC MEDIUM DRAIN LINE KIT W/ RUSTGUARD
About Milwaukee Tool
Since the company began in 1924, Milwaukee Tool has led the industry in both durability and performance by providing the best in professional, heavy-duty tools and accessories. With an unwavering commitment to the trades, Milwaukee continues to lead with a focus on providing innovative, trade-specific solutions. Whether it is through their leadership in LITHIUM-ION technology, as seen in the M12™, M18™ & M28™ Systems, time-saving accessories or innovative hand tool products, Milwaukee is dedicated to delivering a steady stream of advanced solutions for the trades that offer increased productivity and unmatched durability. Milwaukee Tool is a Brookfield, Wisconsin-based subsidiary of Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd. (TTI) (HKEx stock code: 669, ADR symbol: TTNDY). For more information on the full line of Milwaukee® products, please call 1-800-SAWDUST or visit www.milwaukeetool.com.